Thursday, March 15, 2012

DIY Day: Chain & Leather Bracelet


I saw this bracelet from Anthropologie and thought it was really cute... but a little overpriced for such a simple piece.  Naturally, I decided I should try to DIY it.  Since the chain I have is a little bigger, it didn't come out as an exact replica, but I still think it's a really fun addition to my wardrobe!


Begin by threading your needle with A LOT of thread (I used about 8 yards each side for a chain that wraps 3 times).  At the same time, measure the cording you need depending on the size of your chain.  I used the length of my chain + 2" and then double it since I wanted both sides wrapped.  Loop the cording through the top of the chain with your knotted end of the thread.


Using your needle, go through each chain link to secure the leather cording to the sides of the chain from top to bottom.


Finish up one whole side before tying off your thread.  Then, re-thread your needle and start on the other side!


Follow the same process to do the either side of the chain.  Tie off your thread and knot together the two sides of the cording.  Ta-dah!  You're done!


No comments:

Post a Comment